Monday, July 24, 2006

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggity-Jig

This summer has been the beginning of my entry into the real world. A real job with real responsibilities. I'm doing research for my degree which keeps me from me from having long weekends and extended vacations. I really enjoy my work, but its frustrating not being able to go home to see my family and friends for more than just a weekend. But its not so bad. I'm thankful that I still live in Washington, so it is still possible for me to go home when I have time.

This weekend one of my friends was going to Seattle and offered to give me a ride home. Since having to drive so Seattle by myself is a such a drag, I couldn't pass up the offer to carpool. So I went home and spent the weekend with my parents. In typical Lang fashion, we did some yardwork, which consisted primarily of moving bark, watched some movies and some Stargate. Speaking of which, the last Stargate episode was really terrible. It was really great to be home. Got to relax and get a new perspective on life. I also got to see my grandparents and show them what I've been working on. I can't believe how blessed I am to have such a wonderful family.

Now that I'm back in Pullman I'm concentrating on firing two more shots before classes start. I can't believe that summer is almost over; I'm going to have to buckle down if I want to finish. And then classes can start again. Yay.

Best get some sleep so I can get a full days work in tomorrow.

1 comment: