Friday, August 04, 2006

"Engage"

As you read the title to this post, imagine Captain Jean-Luc Picard sitting in the command chair of the USS Enterprise pointing forward with the first two fingers of his right hand, saying "Engage".

Why? Because my sister is engaged. Last night Jeff asked her to be his wife. Wow, my sister is getting married. I can't even express how happy I am for her or fully comprehend what all this means. Mostly I'm glad that a godly man like Jeff came along for my sister. They have a chance for a wonderful life together and I pray that God blesses them in it.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! At first it seems weird to have a little sister engaged. Well for me it was, maybe you've skipped that part. But ultimately it is a great thing, congratulations on having a sister engaged to a great guy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It is weird, I definitely haven't skipped that part. My little sister's getting married and I've never had a girlfriend. But I couldn't be happier for her.

    ReplyDelete